Please Note – We get commissions for purchases made through links in this post.
After spending a long day at work, what do most people want? Surely, a nice and soothing massage on a massage chair can help replenish the energy that you’ve lost after slogging away for the entire day.
Visiting a massage parlor is also an option, but can you spare time every day to go to a massage parlor? It is going to be an expensive affair as well. Buying the best massage chair consumer reports seems a viable option, as it allows you to enjoy a great massage for as long as you want and in the comfort of your home.
However, it is not going to be easy for you to buy a massage chair is not easy, as there is a myriad of options to choose from. However, we have compiled a list of the 10 best massage chairs followed by a detailed buying guide to help you make an informed decision.
Best Massage Chairs Consumer Reports – Reviews & Buying Guide
- 1. Zero Gravity Full-Body Kahuna LM6800 Massage Chair Recliner (Editor's Pick)
- 2. Real Relax SL-Track Shiatsu Massage Chair Recliner With Music Sync Massage
- 3. Human Touch WholeBody 7.1 Massage Chair
- 4. Real Relax Favor 03 Massage Chair Recliner (Best Value Massage Chair)
- 5. Ideal massage Full Featured Shiatsu Chair
- 6. RELAXONCHAIR MK-II PLUS Full Body Zero Gravity Shiatsu Massage Chair
- 7. OWAYS Store Zero Gravity Full Body Shiatsu Massage Chair
- 8. TinyCooper Zero Gravity Full Body Massage Chair
- 9. iRest SL-A303/SL-A306-48 Track Massage Chair Recliner
- 10. SMAGREHO 2020 New Full Body Electric Zero Gravity Shiatsu Massage Chair (Best Massage Chair Under 1000)
Top 10 Massage Chairs To Buy
1. Zero Gravity Full-Body Kahuna LM6800 Massage Chair Recliner (Editor's Pick)
Beginning the list with this incredible massage chair, which comes with L-track rollers to enjoy the in-depth massage, something that is not possible with S-track rollers.
L-track roller gets deep down to the end of your back and covers 35% more area than what S-track rollers would cover.
This massage recliner brings your legs to the same level as your heart, which in turn brings relief from the stress.
The massage chair has a 1/3rd reclining area compared to other massage chairs, which means it has 5 inches of reclining area whereas most massage chairs have 15 inches.
The massage recliner comes with 6 automatic massage programs, which include SV-Chiro, Stretch, Yoga, Rejuvenate, Relax, and Deep Tissue, thus letting you choose the program that you find most effective.
- Comes with a remote controller with an LCD screen and 18 buttons to let you select the right mode for relaxation.
- Inclusion of dual foot roller feature helps reduce pressure on calf muscles and deliver a soothing experience to your legs.
- The presence of Air Massage Technology helps relax upper area of the body, i.e., arms and shoulders. It also helps loosen all the stiff muscles in your body for a complete relaxation.
- Heat therapy feature helps soothe lower back and calves by penetrating the heat through the muscles.
- This is a bulky chair, so it won't be possible to move this chair from one room to another frequently.
2. Real Relax SL-Track Shiatsu Massage Chair Recliner With Music Sync Massage
We have an incredible massage chair from Real Relax, which comes with a 50-inch SL track that pushes robots’ hand rollers from the neck all the way down to the thighs.
The roller rolls at three-speed levels and on top of it, you will get 6 kinds of robot hands to deliver the massage of your life.
The massage chair boasts a zero-gravity design, which allows you to enjoy the feel of being weightless.
The massage chair is packed with a body scan and space-saving technology. Other features of the massage chair include full-body airbag compression, fixed massage, foot roller airbag massage, back heating, and Bluetooth audio play.
You can choose from 6 preset auto programs, which include Thai Stretch, Chinese, Strong, Waist, Relax and Sleep.
- Inclusion of multiple massage modes make it easier to choose the mode that works best for you
- Ability to choose the massage mode and change it midway through the massage
- You can make adjustments while taking a massage, for example, you can increase or decrease the distance between the rollers.
- Works well for people with back niggles, as it offers excellent performance on the tight spots in the back
- Controls given on the massage chair are not easy to understand
- Massage chair may not be suitable for people having a height of more than 6 feet and 1 inch, as rollers won’t reach the top parts of the shoulders
- At times, the massage chair stuck in the titled back position when turned off, making it hard
3. Human Touch WholeBody 7.1 Massage Chair
If you have been dealing with pain in different parts of your body, then this massage chair is going to help you with that.
The massage chair comes with the BodyMap Pro feature, which allows you to choose the area that requires relief to help you feel better.
Equipped with 5 selectable programs, including sleep, relax, upper, lower, and full massage, this massage chair is going to let you customize your massage experience unlike anything else.
The massage chair also features Figure-Eight Technology, which massages the calves in an upward, wave-like motion to ensure proper blood circulation from your foot to the core. As a result, your general health and vitality are improved substantially.
The company has incorporated its new FlexGlide solution, which is a unique technology, which makes use of the 3D orbital system that delivers the most scintillating massage without giving the feel of being pinched or unnecessary friction.
The massage chair is designed with an ottoman, which works like a foot and calf massager. It features a swivel base that can rotate up to 55 degrees. As a result, you will get the most soothing massage.
- Targets different body muscles efficiently to relieve pain
- It helps improve blood flow
- Offers deep tissue massage that brings long-lasting relief
- Some people may find rollers/balls too hard
- Not suitable for calf massage, as the leg rest is not comfortable
4. Real Relax Favor 03 Massage Chair Recliner (Best Value Massage Chair)
Have a look at this massage chair recliner from Real Relax, which is equipped with all the features that you would like to see in a massage chair, but is not that expensive.
The massage chair comes with 4 preset massage options, which are relaxing, strong, sleep, and mild.
The zero-gravity design of the massage chair will add to your comfort. Other notable features of the massage recliner include a full-body airbag, vibrator, foot roller massage, and heating function.
You will get a remote control with the massage chair, which you can use to adjust the seat, change modes and manage other features.
You can also set a timer on this massage chair for up to 30 minutes along with setting an auto program.
For tall people, the massage chair comes with extended footrests, which they can use to adjust themselves properly on the massage chair.
- Assembling the massage chair is easy
- Comes with 3 Zero-Gravity positions to bring a relaxing massage
- Has a nice shape that properly adjusts the legs for excellent foot/calf massage
- Accommodates people with any height and build
- Not enough padding on the lower back
- Absence of 3D scan technology
- Some may find air massage in arms and legs too intense
- Fixed frame track is of mediocre quality
5. Ideal massage Full Featured Shiatsu Chair
Get this shiatsu massage chair from Ideal Massage, which comes with 15 programmable massage options.
A premium-looking chair, you will get all the features to help you relax better in this recliner.
The massage chair incorporates S-Track Roller, which offers complete body therapy, from the lower neck to the tailbone.
To enjoy the massage, you just need to choose the program and set the timer from 5 minutes to 30 minutes.
The massage chair comes with ‘Intelligent 3D Scan Mode’, which along with 4 preset massage modes provides the most incredible massage session.
The 4 massage modes include activate, relaxation, upper back, and lower back mode.
The massage chair also features the ‘Back Heat Therapy’ option, which warms up a certain area of your back for added relief.
You can also turn on the ‘True Zero Gravity’ recline position for improved blood circulation and reduction in joint pain.
- Comes with different massage combinations to target different muscles
- Assembly is pretty easy and the company’s support is also on point
- Warranty period on the product is much better than most companies
- People having a height of 6 feet and over may find difficulties in getting the appropriate massage
- Some people also reported of loud sound coming from the massage chair
6. RELAXONCHAIR MK-II PLUS Full Body Zero Gravity Shiatsu Massage Chair
Despite looking premium, the massage chair won’t burn a hole in your pocket when you buy it.
Coming to the features, then this massage chair has 5 manual targeted massages, 4 programmable massage options, airbags with 3 levels of pressure, and gentler massage rollers to deliver the most soothing massage.
You will get a remote control to set and change the settings on the massage chair.
Another notable feature of this massage chair is its ability to scan your body and identify the areas in your spine where the intensity of the massage needs to be at its maximum.
The massage chair makes use of the Buttlock L-track Massage System, which covers more areas starting from the neck to buttocks. You are less likely to find a massage chair as efficient as this one.
- The feature of full-body stretching helps relieve pain in the spine region
- Inclusion of L-track helps massage buttocks efficiently
- Lumbar heat feature soothes the lumbar area throughout the massage session
- Heating function is limited
- Not much emphasis on arms and legs
7. OWAYS Store Zero Gravity Full Body Shiatsu Massage Chair
This is a zero gravity massage chair, which puts the center of gravity on the buttocks to reduce the pressure on the spine and joints.
Your heart will be in a lower position than your legs to help you stay in a relaxed posture.
Another notable feature of this massage chair is its Deep V-wrapped design, which takes away the feeling of stress and exhaustion.
The massage chair scans your body to identify the stressed areas and then, adjust the massage points and range.
Equipped with massage airbags, you can expect deep and relaxing massage for your arms, shoulders, hips, calves, and feet.
The SL track length offers a larger massage range along with providing precise kneading, knocking, rolling, clapping, tapping, shiatsu, and other popular methods.
Your waist will also experience a sense of relaxation, thanks to two heating devices installed in the waist region, which can reach a temperature of up to 45 degrees Celsius.
This massage chair takes just 5 cm between itself and the wall, thus leaving a good amount of space for other things.
The head part of the massage chair features surround-sound equipment where you can connect your smartphone Bluetooth to enjoy music while taking a massage.
The Bluetooth is not compatible with iPhone 12, so that’s the only drawback of the unit.
The company offers a 1-month money-back guarantee along with a 1-year guarantee on the product against all manufacturing defects.
- Features zero gravity feature for added comfort
- Massage chair comes with body scanning technology that allows it to target the problematic areas of the body
- Massage chair features multiple styles of massage
- No voice control functionality provided in the massage chair
8. TinyCooper Zero Gravity Full Body Massage Chair
This massage chair from TinyCooper promises long-lasting relief from pain in different parts of the body be it the lower back, calves, feet, and many other parts.
The massage chair comes with these functions, which are, full-body airbag and foot roller, lower-back and calf function, and zero gravity design.
The massage chair features 8 massage rollers inside its backrest, 32 airbags all across the massage chair, and foot rollers to deliver excellent massage in all parts of your body.
The massage chair has 3 stages of zero gravity in which the 3rd stage gets more reclined. In this position, your legs are placed higher than your heart.
The airbag included in this massage chair comes with 3-speed control and strength control.
The company offers a 3-year warranty on the massage chair, which covers all manufacturing defects.
- One of the most cost-effective massage chairs available on the market
- Equipped with 8 rollers and 32 airbags to provide scintillating massage
- Warranty is also good; you can get any defaults repaired or replaced free of cost
- No automatic body detector
9. iRest SL-A303/SL-A306-48 Track Massage Chair Recliner
The massage chair incorporates an S-track roller, which covers the back curve just like a professional masseur.
You can adjust the width of the backrest, as it comes in 3 levels – narrow, middle, and wide.
Besides that, the massage chair features 3 levels of zero-gravity angles, which are easy to switch between and offer great relief to different body parts.
If you have long legs, then you can extend the leg rest up to bring it to par with the level of your heart which reduces the heart pressure and stimulate blood circulation.
The massage chair boasts SL shape space curved rail technology, which allows you to massage from head to leg, bringing instant relaxation to the spine and relieving tense muscles.
Other features of the massage chair include 40-50 degree C back heating, intelligent mechanical massage hands for knocking, kneading, tapping, and shiatsu, which are perfect for massaging the lumbar vertebra, thoracic vertebra, and cervical vertebra.
The company offers a 3-year warranty on the massage chair against all manufacturing defects.
- Use of premium quality leather makes the massage chair elegant as well as comfortable
- You will love the heated back element, as it soothes your back throughout the massage session
- Inclusion of a remote control adds to the convenience
- Deep tissue massage can be a bit too much for some people
- Foot massage can be painful, especially when taken barefoot
- Massage chair is not meant for people with wide shoulders
10. SMAGREHO 2020 New Full Body Electric Zero Gravity Shiatsu Massage Chair (Best Massage Chair Under 1000)
If your requirement is a user-friendly massage chair, then this unit fulfills that requirement in the best way.
If you want to enable the ‘zero-gravity feature, then you can easily do that on this massage chair, thanks to a dedicated button.
Then, there are airbags placed at specific positions, which target arms, shoulders, hips, calves, and feet.
You will also like how this massage chair massages your back, thanks to 8 rollers installed in the backrest.
You can easily adjust the speed of airbags and rollers. The unit also supports lower back heating.
The ergonomic design of this massage chair makes things more comfortable for you while you enjoy the massage session.
You can also connect your smartphone to the Bluetooth player to enjoy your favorite music or radio on wireless earbuds while massaging.
- Heat function works amazing, as it heats both back and calves
- Compression works good as well, it brings relief to stiff muscles
- Middle back rollers work the best
- Not the best of proportions, so people with tall or wide build may feel uncomfortable using it
- Top and bottom rollers stick out more than the middle rollers
- Screw alignment could have been better
Frequently Asked Questions
How Long Should You Sit In A Massage Chair?
Ideally, you should sit in a massage chair for 15 minutes, but people who are in pain tend to sit a lot longer than that. If you have just bought a massage chair, then make sure to sit for only 15 minutes initially, then increase the duration slowly once you start getting comfortable with the massage chair. Sitting for too long initially can bruise your muscles and cause inflammation to your body’s soft tissues.
Are Massage Chairs Comfortable To Sit In?
Massage chairs are comfortable, but not as much as recliners. If you chose a massage chair recliner, then you will experience a lot more comfort as the chair due to its ability to recline. Moreover, the chair straightens up automatically when it is turned off.
Can You Overuse A Massage Chair?
Yes, you can overuse your massage chair if you sit for more than 15 minutes. It feels comfortable to sit in a massage chair, but it isn’t designed to be sat for hours. As mentioned above, sitting for too long can cause bruised muscles and inflammation in tissues. So, sit for a limited period of time, preferably 15 minutes.
Is Massage Chair Good For Health?
The beautiful design of massage chairs often leads people to believe that these are wonderful pieces of furniture, but in reality, massage chairs offer a lot more than relaxing muscles. Sitting in a massage chair can improve your blood circulation, muscle recovery, immunity response, and managing hypertension.
You can’t change your stressful life suddenly, but you can find a way to cope with it. Get a massage chair today and bring instant relief to your stressed-out body and mind.
Now that you have gone through the list of best massage chair consumer reports, you should pick a massage chair and add it to your cart.
Don’t waste your money paying masseurs at expensive massage parlors, get a massage chair at home to enjoy a scintillating massage whenever you want. Place your order today!